Airport Cherepovets was founded in 1933. In 1970 it was transferred to the Vologda Joint Aviation Detachment. In 1991 the Cherepovets Airport has become a structural subdivision of the Cherepovets Steelworks.

During the period from 1999 to 2006 it was upgraded to the airport complex: The reconstruction of the runway was done, the replacement of lighting equipment and radio system landing were installed. New buildings for the aviation engineering services were constructed, services to perform search and rescue support operations were introduced, as well as the airport gasification was executed.

On May 21, 2002 a structural unit of JSC Severstal Airport Cherepovets was transformed into Company The airline Severstal Ltd. For international and domestic air transport aviation enterprise "Severstal" has got the Air Operator Certificate № 251 and № 096 IAC certificate A-M (IAC) for compliance with airport certification requirements for the international flights.

The Airline Severstal performs internal and international regular carriages, charter flights in Russia, CIS and Europe countries. It’s very popular among corporate transporters, enterprises, companies in all regions of Russia, CIS and foreign countries, various delegations, including the government.


Severstal

Visti: www.severstal-avia.ru